Yeast free raisin bread is very easy to make and requires few ingredients. Most of the gluten free ingredients you will already have in your pantry. The most intriguing thing about this bread is that it is yeast free, just like moist banana bread recipe. As we already know for bread to be that soft texture it is the yeast that helps in achieving this. Immediately when we think of no yeast we think of tasteless, hard or smaller yields. But that couldn’t be father from the truth with this recipe. Not only can this be whipped together in about 10 mins it will yield the soft favorable texture you think of when you think of gluten filled recipes.
Raisins aren’t usually high on the snack list but it is a good gluten free snack that delivers a high degree of nutritional value to our bodies. Raisins found in yeast free raisin bread helps to develop good memory, provide energy, reduces weight gain, relieves constipation and promotes strong teeth.
5 Benefits of Yeast Free Raisin Bread
- With the absence of gluten or yeast the inflammation that your body produces from the consumption of gluten is dramatically reduced. This is good because it will mean little to no bloating after eating it.
- If you are finding that you are often fatigued it could be due to the gluten intolerance your body has. Gluten makes it difficult for our bodies to absorb the vitamins and minerals we gain from eating certain foods. If our bodies fail to absorb the vitamins and minerals we will become tired often.
- Do you find that after eating delicious breads, pastas etc. you feel sluggish? This is because the yeast is causing your digestion to become sluggish and work poorly. Yeast free raisin bread helps support good digestion which will avoid the nasty side effects of a sluggish digestion system.
- As mentioned before, yeast free results in little to no bloating. Gluten is sometimes the cause of major gas and bloating in the stomach. All of this combined with sluggish digesting can cause a host of problems and pain.
- Given that the majority of immune system is centralized around the gut, eating gluten free can actually help improve your immune system over time.
- 2 cups of flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- half a box of raisins (approx. 7.5 oz.)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Lactaid milk
- 1 large egg (beaten)
Simple Yeast Free Raisin Bread Method:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease loaf pan with Crisco and dust with flour. Set aside
- In a medium glass bowl, sift flour and mix together with sugar, salt, raisins and basking powder.
- Lastly, add milk, egg. Mix together well. Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake in oven for about 45 mins – 1 hour.
- Serve with warm with peanut butter, butter, jam or as is.