Try chunky chicken bites for a quick metabolism boost. These fried chicken balls are not only simple to make but they are perfect for an appetizer, party food or a quick snack. My kids love these tasty chicken bites and I like to pair them with fresh broccoli and carrot sticks. Other pairing options that go well with this dish are sweet potato fries or garden salads. Make them for house parties, super bowl parties, lunch or dinner. Serve with either ginger sauce, sweet n sour sauce or my favorite, sweet Thai chili sauce.
Protein benefits Chunky Chicken bites
Chicken is good for your body. Protein found in lean cuts of chicken or beef is best therefore chunky chicken bites are ideal. The number one good thing about protein is that it keeps you full thus helping your body to reduce how many calories you consume per day. This is great if you are trying to shed some unwanted pounds. Not only does protein keep us full longer it also boosts our metabolism because it requires more energy for our bodies to break down. Protein is essential to the body for restructure, growth, maintenance, repairing of cells. It also acts as a transporter across cell membranes within the body.
Proteins come in two forms, simple and conjugated. They are not considered to be a source of energy, however, it will provide energy if the body is active and lacks the other macronutrients from carbohydrates and fat. Proteins are made up of amino acids that are linked together by a peptide bond. Sources of protein include, poultry, lean beef, fish, shellfish and low-fat dairy. Males require 52g of protein daily while women require 46g per day. Chunky chicken bites are a great way to meet that protein requirement.
Easy Chicken Bites recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of fresh chopped ginger, thyme, onion powder, salt and pepper
- 6 drops of cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp of avocado oil
- Cut each chicken breast into chunks.
- In a small bowl mix together avocado oil; fresh ginger, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken chunks to marinade. Ensure each chunk is coated in the marinade and store in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Crack eggs in another separate bowl and lightly beat with a fork. Add flour to a 1 gallon ziplocked bag with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Dip chicken chunky bites in the egg and then through the flour removing excess flour per piece.
- Place oil in shallow frying pan and heat. Once hot add chicken chunks to pan and shallow fry the bites for about 7 minutes. Turn half way to ensure even cooking. Remove the chunky chicken balls from pan once golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.