My kids love and are always craving chewy fudge brownies. But purchasing the package version added up a bit much. So I went on a mission to find the best recipe for fudge brownies. After trying quite a few I was disappointed because they all seemed to come out like cake. Eventually I came across a recipe that I was able to modify in order to create the best fudge brownie ever. This recipe is simple to make and can be made and in the oven in about 10 mins!
The chewy fudge brownie recipe calls for quite a bit of eggs which surprised me because with more eggs creates a cake like batter. Since i’m not a fan of cake like brownies I figured out how to get the moisture in those brownies. So you’ll need flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and chocolate chips. You will also need to have one glass bowl to mix the eggs and vanilla together, another glass bowl to mix the dry ingredients and a small pot to melt the butter and chocolate chips. Grab a spatula and mixing spoon, ditch your kitchen aid for this brownie recipe and your good to go to meet that craving for fudge brownie!
Chewy Fudge Brownie Ingredients:
- 1 cup of sifted all purpose flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9×13″ baking pan with crisco and set aside.
Now lets meet that craving for chewy fudge brownies, are you ready?
- In a small pot melt the butter and chocolate chips together. Mix well to ensure all is melted. Do not let mixture come to boil.
- In a glass bowl crack and lightly beat the eggs and add the vanilla essence to eggs.
- In a glass bowl combine all the dry ingredients together. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine the egg mixture to your dry ingredients. Do not over mix with spoon. Best to kind of fold in the eggs.
- Lastly, add the melted butter mixture to the batter. Again be sure to not over mix the batter as this will result in extremely cake like brownies that have a rubbery texture.
- Pour batter into greased baking pan and place on top shelf in oven for about 35 mins. Check center wither knife or toothpick to see if center is done. The toothpick or knife should come out clean when fully cooked.
- Remove brownie from the oven and set aside to cool before serving.
- Serve chewy fudge brownie with vanilla ice-cream, chocolate syrup while brownie is still warm.
This is a good recipe you can whip up anytime. For instance, with mother’s day right around the corner why not spoil mom with fresh home made brownies served along side her favorite ice-cream?
If you are like me and crave chewy fudge brownies but have tired all the other brownie recipes out there but still not finding it, then try this brownie recipe. You won’t be disappointed. Let us know how your turned out by leaving a comment.